Saturday, October 22, 2011

Reflecting on the first week as a (pseudo) vegetarian

I am absolutely committed 100% to this lifestyle for our family. I am completely convinced that it is the way to live to have the best quality of life possible. In the past week there have been good things and bad things...

Good things:

  • I tried out a bunch of new recipes with a lot of success...
  • We ate way healthier
  • Kendall ate more veggies than ever before
  • Chris actually loved the food
  • My energy levels have been great

Bad things:
  • ....
  • Hmmmm...
  • ...no chicken fried steak (so basically no saturated fat, cholesterol, extra calories, increased risk of cancer progression, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, etc.)
So yeah, the "bad" things are really good things. Makes it an easy choice. I look forward to trying even more wonderful recipes next week and figuring out what to pack for Brandon's lunch...while pb&j is technically vegan, I would like him to have more variety! I think the best way is to let him get involved in picking out things at the grocery store that fit into our new diet.

1 comment:

  1. http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/

    Blogger from the lunchbook

    http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Lunch-Box-Animal-Free-Grown-Ups/dp/1600940722

    :o)

    ReplyDelete