Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 5

Today I made mac and cheese with veggies for lunch. Soon I will try and phase out traditional mac and cheese but for now we are still eating modest amounts of dairy.

Anyhow, I had made about a cup of steamed veggies. I gave Kendall about 1/4 cup and used the rest in Kaylee's lunch puree. Kendall finished all of her veggies (organic corn, beans, and carrots) and actually asked for more! And of course, I had already used all that I made for Kaylee's food and didn't have any more veggies! Such a great problem for a parent!

For dinner I made noodles with stir fried tofu, I added red peppers and mushrooms and used Mr. Toshida's teriyaki sauce. Everyone ate it up, including Brandon. Amazing. We had the black bean brownies for dessert, yum! I need to find a good vegan brownie recipe. Although the only dairy product in it was 1 egg and the 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips.

I also made the easy masoor dal recipe which turned out alright. I am saving it for tomorrow and will serve it over jasmine rice. I followed the directions from the 2nd reviewer of the recipe and added 1 onion and 2 small chopped tomatoes.



No comments:

Post a Comment