Jim Carrey as Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. A movie I highly recommend!
Big changes can happen in small increments. Here are some easy things you can do today (and tomorrow) to increase your health and well-being. You can pick one or five to start with. Next week, add one more. You will feel better for it, I promise!
1. Drink more water! Try to drink 2 cups upon rising and then increase your total intake for the day.
2. Take a good twice a day multivitamin...DAILY!
3. Get at least 7-8 hours of quality sleep per day. Avoid caffeine and alcohol if those impair your quality of sleep.
4. Eat oatmeal for breakfast. Add any toppings you want such as fruit, nuts, seeds, agave syrup, maple syrup...even better with ground flax meal or chia seeds.
5. Exercise! Any kind: cardio, yoga, high intensity interval training, walking...
6. Eat a large salad with dark greens. Add any beans, seeds, chopped veggies or fruit you like. Make it huge! Be sure to use a low fat dressing...
7. Have 2-3 pieces of fruit. All at once or spread throughout the day. (Juice doesn't count!)
8. Eat some raw veggies. I like broccoli, carrots, peppers, cucumbers, celery, and jicama. No-oil hummus is nice for a dip...
9. Write down a list of everything you have to be grateful for in life.
10. Do something nice for yourself (that doesn't involve food). Examples: watch a funny movie. Like oh, say, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. ;0P