Saturday, March 17, 2012

Dinner Party Menu...


I need to practice my dinner party hosting skills. What better time than St. Patrick's Day? Actually, I picked the day randomly and the only tribute to Saint Patty will be a lone bottle of Jameson Whiskey. Practically a meal in itself, eh?!

Also, we will be eating lots of greens in honor of the holiday (not really, we do this all the time!)

Here is the menu:

Appetizers:
pita chips with 2 different kinds of hummus (store bought)
Kalamata olive tapenade with rustic bread
Salads:
Spinach salad with red onion, pomegranate seeds, and Trader Joe's Champagne Pear Vinaigrette (I know it has gorgonzola cheese but overall it is pretty low calorie and sooooo tasty!)
Quinoa Tabouli (I omitted the olive oil from this recipe. It seemed quite tasty without.)
Barley with cranberries and hazelnuts (I couldn't find the farro! Barley is close but the farro is much better. Farro!)
Main Dishes:
Sweet Potato and Kale Enchiladas (I added 1 can of pinto and 1 can of black beans for more protein and fiber)
Dessert:
Cookie Dough Truffles (Full disclosure: I couldn't find the vegan chocolate chips and was too tired to go to another store so I used regular semi sweet chocolate.) These are way too good...use with caution!!

No comments:

Post a Comment