Friday, October 28, 2011

My Little Vegetarians

I can't remember what a pre-veggie lunch would be...somewhat "healthy" but no doubt it included animal protein in some form or another...but today ...

Kendall's lunch: applesauce, garbanzo beans, tofu, and brown rice in curry sauce, 2 large stalks steamed broccolli, avocado pieces, organic puffs

Kaylee's Lunch: broccolli (she didn't eat much), avocado pieces, orzo pasta mixed with black beans and broccolli and veggie broth (she LOVED this, so did Kendall)

I am going to go ahead and say that this was a super healthy lunch. I feel so good about giving my family this nutritious food that is going to nourish their bodies.

I had my usual sandwich (I am addicted. I would rather have this than any burger out there, seriously! ) and an apple.

I did make eggs this morning but scrambeled them with mushrooms, potatoes, and spinach for a healthier version.

Tonight: pasta with "meat" sauce, bread, salad with olive oil vinaigrette. I am excited to try the vegan meat crumbles although after the vegan cheese I am hesitant. At least we have a delicious warm loaf of bread and salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment