Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Best Chocolate Shake EVER. *Dairy-free, Vegan, No Sugar Added


Best Chocolate Shake I Ever Had (Recipe)

**vegan, no sugar added, and dairy-free!

Backstory: I love me a good milkshake. But I don't do dairy anymore and I am trying to avoid added sugar as much as possible. I concocted this yesterday and I have to say that although it was healthy (just look at that ingredient list!), it was amazingly thick, frosty, rich, and delicious. Mmmmm, trying not to make it again right now is very hard. :)

This is for those times when you are craving a rich dessert. It is so hard for me to believe that this is actually healthy, too- but it is! Raw vegan cacao powder is high in iron, magnesium, and fiber. Almond milk is high in calcium. Cashews have protein, dates have fiber, flax has lignans and fiber, bananas have potassium...etc. Can you imagine seeing a side by side comparison between this and a McD's shake?

Best Chocolate Shake Recipe

Ingredients:

1 frozen banana
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup ice
1/4 cup raw cashews
3 whole medjool dates
1 TBS Cacao powder
optional: 1 TBS flax meal

Directions: Blend in high speed blender and freak out on how amazing this is!

No comments:

Post a Comment