Saturday, November 17, 2012

How to Live to 95 (Advice From a 95-Year-Old)

The other day as I was running errands I had the opportunity to chit chat with an older gentleman. We had the usual discourse about the weather and how cute my kids are. As he got up to leave he said, "You wanna know something? Tomorrow's my birthday- I'm going to be 95!"

I was immediately impressed as it's not every day you get the chance to talk with someone that has been on this planet for so long. I'm always interested in learning so I asked him, "What is your secret?" His answer was gold:

"I don't eat hamburgers or red meat. I eat some fish and poultry. I eat lots of vegetables."

Then he smiled, we said our good-bye and he left.

Based on all the nutrition research I have looked at, his diet did indeed offer him the best odds for a long life...lots of vegetables, no red meat, little fish and poultry.

Future 95 year olds!

So, there you have it! If you want to live to 95 you know what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment